Visiting the United States
How Valentini Law Offices Can Benefit You: Keeping your unique personal circumstances and long-term immigration goals in mind, we provide the guidance to substantially increase the chances of your B-1 or B-2 application being approved by a US consulate in your home country.
Visiting the United States for Business, B-1 Visa
The B-1 is a non-immigrant visa available to aliens traveling to the United States for business or professional reasons. Among other professionals, it is widely used by:
- Aliens entering the US to participate in the various conferences, workshops, seminars, trainings, conventions, negotiations, business meetings, retreats and conferences;
- Aliens who are engaged in the projects carried out in the US;
- Aliens entering the US to participate in litigation;
- Aliens entering the US to give a guest lecture or speech at US educational institution.
Valentini Law Offices, PLLC
Visiting the United States for Pleasure, B-2 Visa
The B-2 visa is probably the most popular US visa. This non-immigrant visa is available to aliens traveling to the United States for tourism or pleasure. If the B-2 visa is for multiple entries, an alien can usually re-enter the US several times as long as an alien maintains residence in the foreign country. Additionally, the B-2 visa processing times are relatively short. Most commonly, B-2 visa is granted to aliens intending to enter the US to:
- Visit friends and relatives, who are US citizens or green card holders
- Receive medical treatment in the US
- Tour the US for pleasure
While the B-2 visa is very common, it is very frequently denied. B-2 visa denial is very frustrating because it usually involves vacation plans and/or visiting family and friends. It is recommended that an alien retains an immigration attorney to help apply for the B-2 visa because the attorney’s help can substantially increase an alien’s chances to obtain a B-2 visa.