Schedule a consultation with an Immigration Attorney (212) 213-8275 (Se habla espanol)

B1 & B2 – Visit the US


Visiting the United States

B-1 Visa for business | B-2 Visa for pleasure :: Visit the US

How Valentini Law Offices Can Benefit You: Keeping your unique personal circumstances and long-term immigration goals in mind, we provide the guidance to substantially increase the chances of your B-1 or B-2 application being approved by a US consulate in your home country.

Visiting the United States for Business, B-1 Visa

The B-1 is a non-immigrant visa available to aliens traveling to the United States for business or professional reasons. Among other professionals, it is widely used by:

  • Aliens entering the US to participate in the various conferences, workshops, seminars, trainings, conventions, negotiations, business meetings, retreats and conferences;
  • Aliens who are engaged in the projects carried out in the US;
  • Aliens entering the US to participate in litigation;
  • Aliens entering the US to give a guest lecture or speech at a US educational institution.
Schedule a consultation with a New York B1 and B2 lawyer
Valentini Law Offices, PLLC
phone: (212) 213-8275
61 Broadway, Suite 2505, New York 10006
(by appointment only)

Visiting the United States for Pleasure, B-2 Visa

The B-2 visa is probably the most popular US visa. This non-immigrant visa is available to aliens traveling to the United States for tourism or pleasure. If the B-2 visa is for multiple entries, an alien can usually re-enter the US several times as long as an alien maintains residence in the foreign country. Additionally, the B-2 visa processing times are relatively short. Most commonly, B-2 visa is granted to aliens intending to enter the US to:

  • Visit friends and relatives in the US
  • Receive medical treatment in the US
  • Tour the US for pleasure

While the B-2 visa is very common, it is very frequently denied. B-2 visa denial is very frustrating because it usually involves vacation plans and/or visiting family and friends. It is recommended that an alien retains an immigration attorney to help apply for the B-2 visa because the attorney’s help can substantially increase an alien’s chances of obtaining a B-2 visa.

Both B-1 and B-2 visa applicants must:

1) demonstrate an intent to depart at the expiration of their authorized stay (I-94);

2)  show employment, family , social ties to residence abroad;

3) adequate financial resources to carry out purpose of a visist, be it sightseeing or medical treatment.

In most cases, B-2 visa holders are admitted to the US for 6 months, but this period can be shorter, for example 3 months or even 1 month.



On November 20, 2014 President Obama announced new executive order expanding 2012 Deferred Action initiative (DACA). New executive order establishes eligibility for work permits for DACA family members and expands DACA eligibility. For more info contact us at your earliest convenience!